Live CSS Reload & Browser Syncing
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install browser-sync
|184||downloads in the last day|
|1 351||downloads in the last week|
|4 493||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.8.0 last updated 3 days ago|
|Keywords||browser sync, css, live reload, sync|
|Dependencies (17)||portscanner-plus, path, url, open, lodash, socket.io, connect, ua-parser-js, optimist, dev-ip, gaze, http-proxy, cl-strings, resp-modifier, browser-sync-client, commander, browser-sync-control-panel|
|Starred by||lexa, mhaidarh, parroit|
Keep multiple browsers & devices in sync when building websites.
- Scroll - I can keep your pages in sync when scrolling.
- Forms - You fill out a form in one browser, I'll copy the data to all the others.
- Links - I'll watch your clicks & and make all the other browsers follow you.
- CSS injecting - I can even watch your CSS files & inject them when they change.
- Live Reload - I can also watch files like HTML and PHP & when they change I can reload all browsers for you.
- Built-in Server - Yep, I can serve static files too if you need me to (uses Connect).
- Use with any back-end setup - Browser-sync includes a proxy option so that it can be used with any existing PHP, Rails, Python, Node or ASP.net setup.
When is it useful?
It's pretty useful when used with a single browser, watching a CSS file for changes & injecting it. But the real power comes when you're building responsive sites and using multiple devices/monitors because it can keep all browsers in sync & make your workflow much faster.
npm install -g browser-sync
How to use it
There are currently 2 ways to use browser-sync - with a config file & without a config file. Both options are explained on the following pages.
There's a separate plugin for that
No problem, here's a setup guide
If you've found Browser-sync useful and would like to contribute to its continued development & support, please feel free to send a donation of any size - it would be greatly appreciated!
433 Shane Osbourne 13 Hugo Bessa 3 Marek 'saji' Augustynowicz 2 Hugo Dias 2 brutaldev 2 Paul Robertson 2 chase_chou 1 Tony Holdstock-Brown 1 Werner van Deventer 1 mericson 1 Cameron Spear 1 viktor hesselbom 1 Carl Henderson 1 Dave Hall 1 Guillaume Lambert 1 Jory Graham 1 Robert Vock 1 Sylvain Emery
Copyright (c) 2013 Shane Osbourne Licensed under the GPL license.