A fixed-length Redis transport for winston
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install cabrel-winston-redis
|5||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||1.0.0 last updated 6 months ago|
|Keywords||logging, sysadmin, tools, winston, redis|
A capped Redis transport for winston.
var winston = require('winston'); // // Requiring `winston-redis` will expose // `winston.transports.Redis` // require('winston-redis').Redis; winston.add(winston.transports.Redis, options);
This transport accepts the options accepted by the node-redis client:
- host: (Default localhost) Remote host of the Redis server
- port: (Default 6379) Port the Redis server is running on.
- auth: (Default None) Password set on the Redis server
In addition to these, the Redis transport also accepts the following options.
- length: (Default 200) Number of log messages to store.
- container: (Default winston) Name of the Redis container you wish your logs to be in.
- channel: (Default None) Name of the Redis channel to stream logs from.
Metadata: Logged as JSON literal in Redis
Installing npm (node package manager)
$ curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | sh
$ npm install winston $ npm install winston-redis
All of the winston tests are written in vows, and designed to be run with npm.