A utility script to re-run a command on filesystem changes
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install chicken-little
|22||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.1.2 last updated a year ago|
|Keywords||notification, filesystem, testing, testrunner, test|
WIP: do things when files change on the filesystem (re-run your test suite, for example)
./node_modules/.bin/chicken -c "filesystem had changes" .
To re-run your test suite when any files change (timing how long it takes):
./node_modules/.bin/chicken -c "time npm test" .
Why? Aren't there already others?
My main use case is to re-exec my mocha test suite(s) on file changes.
If you don't like chicken-little, there are others that might work better for you:
- doesn't easily trigger on non-js/coffeescript files
- stopped working for me
- no tests at all
- mocha testrunner
- doesn't take mongoose model changes into account when it re-runs
- only works for node scripts, cannot exec random shell commands ('make test')
- doesn't trigger on all file changes
- I like being able to npm install everything my app development depends on
- relatively complex
I probably missed some, but it's a start.