A Yeoman generator for kickass Backbone, Bootstrap, and CoffeeScript-powered apps
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install generator-backstrap
|4||downloads in the last week|
|23||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.2.0 last updated 7 months ago|
|Keywords||yeoman-generator, backbone, boilerplate, boostrap, coffeescript, coffee, webapp|
What is Backstrap?
Backstrap is the silly portmanteau I've given to my client-side web framework/toolkit. This is the product of months of learning and experimentation with the included technologies.
A Backstrap application looks something like this:
- Follows Backbone Boilerplate best practices
- Bootstrap 3.0 front-end CSS+JS framework
- Handlebars template engine
- Written primarily in CoffeeScript
- All wired up for RequireJS optimization
- Using Grunt task runner to develop, build, and test
- Optionally deployed on Parse backend-as-a-service
# Install generator-backstrap $ npm install -g generator-backstrap # Run the generator $ yo backstrap # Maybe write some code? # Launch development server $ grunt server # Launch production server $ grunt server:dist # Build app for deployment $ grunt build # Run tests $ grunt test