IRC adapter for Hubot 3.0
npm install hubot-irc2
|1||downloads in the last week|
|2||downloads in the last month|
|Version||0.1.13 last updated 10 months ago|
|Keywords||h, u, b, o, t, i, r, c, a, d, a, p, t, e, r|
Hubot IRC Adapter
This is the IRC adapter for hubot. For discussion about this adapter, join
Installation and Setup
This is just the irc adapter for the hubot, not the full runnable hubot package. You shouldn't have to hack on this code directly or clone it unless you want to add features or fix bugs.
If you want a packaged hubot ready to run try hubot-irc-runnable
This bot is now upgraded to Hubot 2.3. You should specify 0.0.8 as your hubot-irc dependency for older versions of Hubot (<2.3.0).
- Download and Extract Hubot 2.3 from the Hubot Downloads page
- You must use the downloaded and extracted version of the hubot code, not just a clone of the repo.
npm install hubot-irc --savein the extracted
Hubot 2directory to add the
hubot-ircadapter to your dependencies.
- Install dependencies with
- Set your environment variables like: (Windows Users substitute
- export HUBOT_IRC_NICK="hubot-new"
- export HUBOT_IRC_ROOMS="#hubot-irc"
- export HUBOT_IRC_SERVER="irc.freenode.net"
- Run hubot with
bin/hubot -a irc
You will need to set some environment variables to use this adapter.
% heroku config:add HUBOT_IRC_NICK="hubot" % heroku config:add HUBOT_IRC_ROOMS="#hubot,#hubot-irc" % heroku config:add HUBOT_IRC_SERVER="irc.freenode.net"
Non-Heroku environment variables
% export HUBOT_IRC_NICK="hubot" % export HUBOT_IRC_ROOMS="#hubot,#hubot-irc" % export HUBOT_IRC_SERVER="irc.freenode.net"
hubot-irc adapter has a number of configurable options based on different community contributions.
# Don't join other rooms or respond to PM's HUBOT_IRC_PRIVATE = true # Send messages via notice instead of say HUBOT_IRC_SEND_NOTICE_MODE = true # Issue an irc command once connected to the server. HUBOT_IRC_CONNECT_COMMAND = NICKSERV blah thing1
Testing Local Changes
gem install foreman git clone https://github.com/github/hubot.git cd hubot # this next line makes a deployable version of the bot for heroku or local deployments make package mv hubot/ ../testbot cd ../testbot - modify package.json to include the version of hubot-irc to test with either an official release or from your local repo for an example see this https://gist.github.com/3148311 - modify Procfile, change adapter (-a option) to "irc" and change the name (-n option) of the bot - make sure you followed the usage section from above to set the environment variables (Non-Heroku section) foreman start ...and that is it
Here's the most direct way to get your work merged into the project.
- Fork the project
- Clone down your fork
- Create a feature branch
- Hack away and add tests, not necessarily in that order
- Make sure everything still passes by running tests
- If necessary, rebase your commits into logical chunks without errors
- Push the branch up to your fork
- Send a pull request for your branch
Copyright © Fernando Ortiz. MIT License; see LICENSE for further details.