oEmbed/2 gateway endpoint. Get embed data for various http links through one self-hosted API
npm install iframely
|5||downloads in the last week|
|30||downloads in the last month|
|Version||0.6.0 last updated 5 days ago|
|Keywords||oembed, embed, open graph, og, twitter cards|
|Dependencies (27)||jslint, async, underscore, request, express, send, connect, ejs, moment, chokidar, jsontoxml, feedparser, mongoose, sax, htmlparser2, entities, imagesize, iconv-lite, mimelib, oauth, redis, memcached, node-cache, jquery, readabilitySAX, cheerio, usage|
We believe the responsive embeds is the future of the Web.
Iframely is advanced self-hosted embeds API to help you join the future. In response to
url request, it gives responsive embeds data and semantic meta for a requested web page.
In a sense, Iframely is a self-hosted oEmbed endpoint, with slightly extended data format and adjusted HTML part to facilitate responsive widgets.
Iframely is a Node.JS app, though API is HTTP-based and you can use it from within any environments.
- HTTP API for meta semantics, thumbnails (including sizes), photo images, video players and readers.
oembedendpoint for easy migration of existing implementations (it is a fallback though and thus not as powerful as main API).
- Generic parsers for Iframely Protocol, Open Graph, Twitter Cards, oEmbed. Plus optional readability.
- Over 100 parsers for specific domains, like YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Instagram, Facebook, Imgur.
- Plugins infrastructure to extend the logic or to implement additional domain or generic parsers.
- Built-in caching for performance optimizations (Memcached, Redis or in-memory engines).
Last, but not least:
- Domains Whitelist file that acts as gigantic plugin to extend coverage to 2000+ domains.
Domains QA is how we make money to keep maintaining this project. Thanks for your support and understanding.
To jump start with Iframely, we suggest you try our visual debug tool where you can check any URL.
- Get started with API;
- Use iframely.js jQuery lib that wraps the API and renders embeds;
- Or render a responsive widget yourself;
- Host your own server;
- Understand API format or publish embed (aka Iframely Protocol for Responsive Embeds);
- Get our Domains QA DB
- Or create your own whitelist.
You may skip some steps and get straight to coding by using our community endpoint, hosted at http://iframely.com/iframely?uri=.
(It’s not recommended for production use as we continuously run experiments on that server.)
Sample Apps & Demos
Some cool demos are on the way. In the meantime, try our standalone apps that Itteco developed on top of Iframely technology (well, it was more "in parallel with", actually):
- iframe.ly - convenient web shortener;
- Nowork FM - simple social intranet for your team;
- Iframely for Gmail (as seen on Lifehacker, PC World & others) - watch videos, view photos and read articles in your inbox;
- Iframely for WordPress.
Fork and pull-request, if you'd like to add more plugins and/or contribute fixes or improvements. By doing so, you make your work available under the same MIT license.
License & Authors
MIT License. (c) 2012-2014 Itteco Software Corp.
Please, check the contributors list to get to know awesome folks that also helped a lot.