Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install karma
|11 497||downloads in the last day|
|67 501||downloads in the last week|
|287 998||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.12.9 last updated 3 days ago|
|Dependencies (17)||di, socket.io, chokidar, glob, minimatch, http-proxy, optimist, rimraf, q, colors, lodash, mime, log4js, useragent, graceful-fs, connect, source-map|
|Dependents (16)||browserstig, curvechart, dawn, edp-test, generator-grunt, generator-hyper-angular, grunt-karma-0.9.1, hem, jester-tester, mimosa-karma, mimosa-karma-enterprise, ngproject, ngprojecttest, pho-devstack, statemachinejs, steroids|
|Starred by (6)||cobs, leesei, majgis, mhaidarh, nosch, tychio|
The main purpose of Karma is to make your TDD development easy, fast, and fun.
When should I use Karma?
- You want to test code in real browsers.
- You want to test code in multiple browsers (desktop, mobile, tablets, etc.).
- You want to execute your tests locally during development.
- You want to execute your tests on a continuous integration server.
- You want to execute your tests on every save.
- You love your terminal.
- You don't want your (testing) life to suck.
- You want to use Istanbul to automagically generate coverage reports.
- You want to use RequireJS for your source files.
But I still want to use _insert testing library_
Karma is not a testing framework, neither an assertion library. Karma just launches a HTTP server, and generates the test runner HTML file you probably already know from your favourite testing framework. So for testing purposes you can use pretty much anything you like. There are already plugins for most of the common testing frameworks:
If you can't find an adapter for your favourite framework, don't worry and write your own. It's not that hard and we are here to help.
Which Browsers can I use?
All the major browsers are supported, if you want to know more see the browsers page.
I want to use it. Where do I sign?
You don't need to sign anything but here are some resources to help you to get started...
Every serious project has a screencast, so here is ours. Just click here and let the show begin.
I still don't get it. Where can I get help?
This is so great. I want to help.
Please, see contributing.
Why did you create this?