A NodeJS based mediacenter for your browser
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install mediacenterjs
|80||downloads in the last week|
|95||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.0.61 last updated 11 days ago|
|Dependencies (30)||express, fs.extra, fs-extra, dateformat, downloader, jade, lingua, node-ffprobe, node-html-encoder, npm, redis, request, require, rimraf, feedparser, trakt, colors, ini, semver, async, musicmetadata, dblite, walk, underscore, moviedb, adm-zip, wget, socket.io, youtube-api, lastfmapi|
A NodeJS based Mediacenter
Heavy work in progress
- Music app refactored using Angular
- Improved mobile styling
- Metadata gathering is a seperate process
- TV app works
- Front and backend code refactor
- Auto updater extended
- MVC 'App' Framework
- Clientside setup
- Dynamic dashboard
- Basic keyboard controls
- Movie indexing
- Multi-language support
- Display movies, tvshow and music information
- Local caching of information and images
- Transcoding and playback of movies, tv shows and music
- Weather information based on location
- Basic screensaver
- I3d tag support
- Remote control
- Plugin manager
- Page visibility API
- YouTube app
- Version manager
- Device manager
- Parental control functionality
- Mobile device streaming still in heavy development
Browser: Seeking beyond buffer not working yet.
Other issues have been added that need to be fixed before Beta status can be reached.
What is MediacenterJS?
What do I need to have installed?
- FFmpeg installed (included for Windows)
- NodeJS installed
- A modern browser like Chrome(ium)
- An internet connection
I'm writing the documentation as I'm coding so the documentation may not always be complete or coherent. A complete documentation will be available when the project reaches Beta status.
For now, all the translation files are stored in the /public/translations folder. Feel free to contribute by translating.
Special thanks to:
- Sylvain https://github.com/flyinva for his French translation
- Adam https://github.com/brutalhonesty for his YouTube App
- Ionică Bizău https://github.com/IonicaBizau for the Youtube API NPM module
- Luis Eduardo Brito https://github.com/luiseduardobrito for his Portuguese translation
- Kasper Isager https://github.com/kasperisager for his Danish translation
- Robin Larsson https://github.com/TankMasterRL for his Swedish translation
- Jussi Vatjus https://github.com/jupe for his code support
- Stefan Hoffman https://github.com/hoffi for his hudge contribution to the backend and German translation
- Matthew Szatmary https://github.com/szatmary for his FFMPEG expertise
- Matthew Marino https://github.com/Karnith for his FFMPEG expertise
- Richard Bernards https://github.com/RichardBernards for his architectural knowledge/support
- P.J. Onori for his icons
I'm building MCJS in my free time so if you want to encourage me to continue this enormous project, feel free to do so.
For questions/contributions feel free to email me at: email@example.com This application uses the GNU General Public License. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Copyright (C) 2014 - Jan Smolders