A CLI based build system for frontend developers
npm install patsy
|5||downloads in the last week|
|33||downloads in the last month|
|Version||0.2.11-beta last updated 11 days ago|
|Dependencies (20)||grunt, grunt-lib-legacyhelpers, grunt-contrib-nodeunit, grunt-contrib-qunit, grunt-contrib-uglify, grunt-contrib-jshint, grunt-contrib-watch, grunt-cli, grunt-recess, grunt-dox, grunt-mustache, colors, connect, node-static, commander, xtend, jsonschema, http-proxy, glob, grunt-contrib-connect|
A staging and build environment for frontend web developers.
Why use patsy?
Short: It speeds up your developing with frontend stuff. Long: Why Patsy?.
"Get on with it!"
To install and use patsy, take a look in our getting started guide.
Patsy currently does this
- Bake mustache template files ( no variable passing ) into JSON string written to a *.js file
- Check js files with JSHint
- Minify files
- Concatinates minified files into one single file
- Automagic documentation generation
- Baking of LESS to CSS
- Automated testing via Nodeunit ( support for Qunit aswell )
- Proxy support
- Static file server support
- Live content update when saving files (*)
We want patsy to do this aswell in the future
- Staging environment ( to pick sets of routes (read: proxy/reverse proxy) to use in given environment )
- Image sprite generation with automated css generation to be discussed
- Proxy data mocking ( option to save/cache data results when resources are offline )
For a full list of planned features to come, see features to come.
(Until v1.0.0, this will only be updated when major or breaking changes are made)
23/09/2013: Removed jasmine testing support for the time beeing, fixed NodeJS v0.10* path.resolve issue
09/02/2013: Beta released!
21/01/2013: Made patsy ready for beta-release. Added support for proxy, static file server and live reload.
07/01/2013: Added support for passing options to build plugin, removed dependency of globally installed grunt, added default configuration file and support for automated documentation generation.