A component-based and distributed web application framework
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install rain
|108||downloads in the last week|
|353||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||0.34.8 last updated 12 days ago|
|Dependencies (19)||connect, handlebars, less, mime, node.extend, promised-io, socket.io, commander, mocks, colors, wrench, jed, crc, mongodb, moment, node-syslog, esprima, escodegen, requirejs|
What is it?
- RAIN is a highly scalable frontend platform that orchestrates distributed rendering of loosely coupled components.
- By using standard web technologies (HTML 5, CSS 3) RAIN enables developers to create a stunning user experience on modern browsers and next generation devices (tablets, smart phones).
- Thus RAIN enables developers to focus on their core competence by providing simple feature reusage and tooling.
For detailed information about each layer use the following links:
- Infinite scalability
- On demand configuration of infrastructure
- Private infrastructure for each product created
- Non expensive hardware required
- Fast asynchronous distributed rendering
- Web intents for feature reusage (lazy binding at runtime)
- Independent releases of components
- I18N on server and client side (includes layout localization as well)
- Independent themes releases
As developer is really easy to get started with RAIN development. RAIN can be used under each major operating system without performance penalties. The recommended way is to use rain sdk for accessing RAIN features. Please read Getting started for more details.
Copyright © 2012 rainjs
All rights reserved
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of The author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.