[![Build Status](https://secure.travis-ci.org/remotestorage/remotestorage.js.png)](http://travis-ci.org/remotestorage/remotestorage.js) [![devDependency Status](https://david-dm.org/remotestorage/remotestorage.js/dev-status.png)](https://david-dm.org/remotestorage/remotestorage.js#info=devDependencies) [![Code Climate](https://codeclimate.com/github/remotestorage/remotestorage.js.png)](https://codeclimate.com/github/remotestorage/remotestorage.js)
npm install remotestoragejs
|3||downloads in the last month|
|Version||0.9.1-pre last updated 2 months ago|
Where to get help?
- See remotestorage.io for documentation, community forums, and links
- Get instant support via IRC in #remotestorage on Freenode
Running a local test server
To develop remoteStorage-enabled apps, you need to have a remoteStorage-compatible storage account. We recommend reStore for running a local test server. (Use the latest version from GitHub, not npm!)
You can also get an account with a hoster, or use one of the various other remoteStorage server implementations: get storage.
Which version to choose?
You can either use a stable release or the current HEAD build. Stable releases
can be found in release/.
Directories with a
-rcX suffix contain release candidates, which may be used
for testing but aren't necessarily "stable" releases.
contains a semi-current HEAD build. It is updated manually and irregularly. To
build an up-to-date version of all files, run
make all in the repository
Which build file to use for my app?
There are a number of different builds available:
- remotestorage.js - Contains all components of remotestorage.js for running in a browser.
- remotestorage.amd.js - The same as remotestorage.js, but wrapped for use with AMD loaders such as RequireJS.
- remotestorage.min.js - Minified version of remotestorage.js
- remotestorage-nocache.js - Contains a version of remotestorage.js without any caching features included. Use this if you want your app to write directly to the remote server without caching any data in the browser's storage (localStorage or indexedDB).
- remotestorage-nocache.amd.js, remotestorage-nocache.min.js - same as the other .amd / .min build, but based on remotestorage-nocache.js.
Install development dependencies including the testing framework:
Run all suites:
teste executable in order to test single files, like so e.g.:
How to build
Make sure you have Natural Docs installed on
your system (e.g. via
sudo apt-get install naturaldocs).
Display the available build tasks: