Readable text to HTML markup language
Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install rimu
|76||downloads in the last week|
|77||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||3.0.5 last updated 3 months ago|
|Keywords||rimu, markup, asciidoc, markdown|
Rimu is a readable-text to HTML markup language inspired by AsciiDoc and Markdown.
At its core Rimu is a simple readable-text markup similar in scope to Markdown, but with two additional areas of functionality:
- Markup generation can be customized and extended.
- It includes a simple, flexible macro language.
Both these features are built into the Rimu markup syntax.
- No dependencies.
- Simple one-function API.
- Features include raw HTML (a la Markdown), HTML attribute injection and parametrized macros.
- Element syntax and behavior can be modified and extended.
- Written in TypeScript.
- Available from Github and as an npm module or a Meteor smart package.
- MIT license.
Read the documentation and experiment with Rimu in the Rimu Playground.
Play with it here http://rimumarkup.org/rimuplayground.html or
rimuplayground.html locally in in your browser.
See also the Release Notes topic in the Rimu Playground.
Install Rimu as a Node.js module (includes the
rimuccommand-line tool, run
sudo npm install -g rimu
Get the source from Github: https://github.com/srackham/rimu
First take a look at the API documentation topic in the Rimu Playground (http://rimumarkup.org/rimuplayground.html).
- Rimu includes the rimuc command-line tool (
./bin/rimuc.js) and the Rimu Playground (
./bin/rimuplayground.html) -- examples of using Rimu in Node.js and in the browser respectively.
- A Chrome browser extension (https://github.com/srackham/rimu-chrome-extension.git) for rendering Rimu Markup files directly in the browser.
- A simple example Meteor web application (https://github.com/srackham/rimu-meteor-example) which uses the rimumarkup smart package (https://atmosphere.meteor.com/package/rimumarkup).