Want to see pretty graphs? Log in now!
npm install speller
|4||downloads in the last week|
|6||downloads in the last month|
|Last Published By|
|Version||1.0.1 last updated a year ago|
|Keywords||spell-checker, spelling, corrector|
The code is CommonJS-compliant, so it can be used both inside and outside of a web browser. For the latter case there are a couple of command-line scripts demonstrating its use that depend on narwhal or node. You may use the tusk and npm package managers to install speller on narwhal and node, respectively. Alternatively, you can see the code in action right inside your browser in the following page:
- lib/speller.js is the spell-checker implementation
- demo/speller.html is an HTML file that shows how to use speller.js (you can try it here)
- bin/spellcheck is a Unix/Linux shell script, that depends on narwhal and shows how to use speller.js outside the browser
- bin/speller is a Unix/Linux shell script, that depends on node and shows how to use speller.js outside the browser
- bin/big.txt is Peter Norvig's original training file, with about a million words
- tests/spelltest.js is a CommonJS-compliant test suite, that uses Norvig's original test cases
- tests/test is a Unix/Linux shell script, that depends on narwhal and runs the tests in spelltest.js
- tests/test-node is a Unix/Linux shell script, that depends on node and runs the tests in spelltest.js
- demo/worker.js is a Web Worker that allows the tests in spelltest.js to run inside a browser
Copyright (c) 2009 Panagiotis Astithas
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.