A package manager for node (npm fork)
npm install yapm
|43||downloads in the last week|
|72||downloads in the last month|
|Version||1.2.6 last updated 3 days ago|
|Keywords||package manager, modules, install, package.yaml, package.json5, yaml, json5, npm|
|Dependencies (56)||abbrev, ansi, ansicolors, ansistyles, archy, block-stream, child-process-close, chmodr, chownr, cmd-shim, columnify, editor, fstream, fstream-npm, github-url-from-git, github-url-from-username-repo, glob, graceful-fs, ini, init-package-json, lockfile, lru-cache, minimatch, mkdirp, node-gyp, nopt, npm-install-checks, npm-registry-client, npm-user-validate, once, opener, osenv, path-is-inside, read, read-installed, request, retry, rimraf, semver, sha, slide, sorted-object, tar, text-table, uid-number, which, chalk, gh-lookup, printf, js-yaml, through, jju, yaml-update, npmconf, npmlog, read-package-json|
"yapm" is a package manager for node.js (npm fork)
Our own changes
- full support for package.json5 and package.yaml file formats (docs, #3336, #4482).
- if package.json or any other json document is malformed, we show exactly where the error is (docs, #3869).
- a bunch of other minor changes (docs).
Pulled from visionmedia/npm
- adds support for public & private semver-friendly github tarballs
- output formatting changes
- better search output with github repository links that you can cmd+click to view
- remove some error reporting that is only useful to people debugging npm
- remove annoying readme and repository field warnings
Pulled from npm/npm
- Everything else, this repository is synced with upstream at least once a week
# install it as a global module (maybe with sudo) $ npm install -g yapm # run it just as you'd run npm itself $ yapm install whatever # if you want to write 'npm' and hate the name change, # you might want to use an alias (i.e. write into ~/.bashrc) $ alias npm=yapm